Monday 19 January 2009

Forecast for Saturday 3 January '09


This is a photo from my mobile phone camera of my very first stall.

The last few days have either been very cold, or slightly less cold, or windy but I haven't cared one way or the other because mostly I have been inside a nice warm house. But now I am checking the weather forecast for Saturday. This has become a preoccupation of mine since I became a stallholder at Roman Road arts and crafts market back at the end of November.

I've had two weeks away from the market because of the Christmas and New Year holiday and I'm getting prepared to spend the day out in the open on Saturday. Since the forecast is 3 degrees celcius and cloudy I will be wearing thermals underneath and over trousers on top along with hat, gloves and my amazing new Christmas scarf.

This will be my fifth Saturday as a market trader and I'm hoping there will be more potential customers around than there was on the Saturday before Christmas when the market was as quiet as a grave yard. I am an artist and I sell greetings cards based on my paintings and sketches plus some of my original drawings.

Roman Road market has been around for donkeys years but the arts and crafts market only started back in September and a few of the traders have loyally turned up week in and week out since the beginning. Sadly two of our traders decided to throw in the towel just before Christmas and we will miss them around the place. So I am hoping that it won't rain all day or be very windy because either of those eventualities will be driving me back home before too long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather,

I saw your post and had to check out your Etsy shop. I really like your "View from Prospect Cottage" card. I would just LOVE to visit the UK and see some of the country for myself! At least the dollar is getting a little closer to the euro, so maybe soon. :-)

All the best,

Kirsten
ArtFire.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

I just came across your blog and wanted to leave you a message. Enjoyed reading about your venture with the "mobile" art gallery. It inspired me greatly. I am a fellow artist and just started out on the internet, but I am forever looking for exhibition space and I think I will give your "mobile" idea a go. Thankfully I live in the Canary Islands these days and the weather and quite so bad as back home in England, lol.

Heather James said...

Dear Kirsten and Anna,

Thank you so much for your comments and encouragement. It's great to hear from you.

Heather